Get the latest news and articles about animals from around the world.

I hit my neighbors dog while backing out of my driveway, now they are threatening to do the same to my dog. What can I do?

I hit my neighbors dog while backing out of my driveway, now they are threatening to do the same to my dog. What can I do?


Answer

Jo:
Well since they didn't have the brains to keep their mutt under control or properly contained you need to be a lot more responsible than they were and keep your dog inside all the time and in a fenced in yard with a good solid lock on the gate so those losers can't get to your dog. They can't even sue you because they have what is known as "unclean hands" under the law which means they can't be compensated for doing something wrong and they were in the wrong by being in violation with the leash law and not having their dog on a leash, in their home, or in a fenced in backyard.
 
Rahel:
I personally would still be worried about my dog, even if he was in my backyard at all times, because they can still climb over the fence. I would keep my dog inside the house when I'm not there, use puppy pads, and supervise him when he's in the back yard. Don't do anything now, but if the threats get worse, call the police!
 
Charles:
At all time,when i am not in the house, then I would keep my dog inside the house and use puppy pads, and supervise him when he's in the back yard.If it was out of their yard and on your property it's their fault. You can call the police or you should realized them ,that it was a mistake from them.
 
Star-Of-Darkness:
How can they run over your odg if its properly secure behind a fence and is kept on a leash when not behind the fence? If you let the dog run free then it will be YOUR fault when its ran over. When they do run it over there's nothing you can do since you failed to care enough to keep it secure.

They let thier dog roam free and it was ran over. Their fault. Nothing they can do. They can't sue or anything since it was off thier proeprty and have no business being in the driveway
 
 
Braun:
If it was out of their yard and on your property it's 100% their fault. You can call the police and if they do end up hitting your dog intentionally? Then they will get a huge fine and im pretty sure you can sue them. But i think you should call before they actually do it
 
Grey:
Don't allow your dog to roam the neighborhood or go into the road and they can't hit it.
Keep an eye on your dog.
 
 
Gregory:
You shouldn't need to do anything....after all you are required by law to have your dog on a leash when taking them off your property and when you let your dog out of your house to roam tit should be behind your own fence (e-fence). 
 
Reagan:
Keep your dog FAR away from them, INSIDE of your house where they can't get to him. I would suggest even using puppy pads instead of taking him outside. Maybe even call the police if things get too serious.
 

Popular Posts