Get the latest news and articles about animals from around the world.

What the most you will spend your dog/pet?

Would you spend 100k in medical bills and other stuff if it gets sick and need organ transplant Orr even other expenses such grooming and transportation. 
 
Answer
 
Anonymous:
If the animal needed a transplant it's more humane to let them go rather n all the medications and testing and recovery time just to add months to s year or so on their life, ate where our humanity steps in.

If one of my animals needs orthopedic surgery to correct a break or even displaysia I'd they are young enough I would consider it. Once the dogs a senior or super senior it's hard to do and harder to day but you have to out weight e good over the longevity and quality of life vs our need to have our best friend by us.

I would never put s 15 yearly or older dog through an amputation if they were already arthritic and barely walking, it just isn't w good trade off. Same thing with dogs having continual painful seizur d and needing life saving surgery,mite more humane to put them to sleep. It's not the cost that I'm thinking about but the quality of life.

A friends putting her dog through chemo for cancer, the dog is deathly ill, won't eat, barely moves, cries all. Time and isn't itself, my friends happy that her dog is still alive at 17 years old. She has spent over 15k in medical bills and growing. I don't think it's fair to keep s dog alive, in pain and sleeping and breathing all the time with no quality of life. I didn't like it as a patient myself I sure the heck would never do it to an animal. That's just my point of view.
 

Star-Of-darkness:
Organ transplants don't work on pets.

I can't and would never spend that kind of money on a pet. I've had it put down first. Grooming can be done at home. As for vet bills, its must that you have to take a pet to a vet. If you cant afford the vet bills then have it put down or just don't get a pet
 
Grey:
I would never spend $100,000 in vet expenses on a dog - do you know how many homeless animals and rescue organizations (and countless dogs!) you could help with that amount of money?

I have spent several thousands at the MSU large animal hospital on one than more occasion to save one of my horses. The last one was a very valuable colt out of a US Res. Nat'l Champion halter mare. I love my animals dearly, but you have to be realistic on what you can afford. 
 
I think the most I have personally spent on a single vet visit for one of my dogs was in the $1,200 -$1,500 range. I know the surgeries for the amputations on my two tripods ran in the $2,00-$3,500 range, but thankfully, the adoption groups I got them from paid for these operations with the help of on line fundraising and donations.

Trench:
My dog gets professionally groomed twice a year (about $200 in total).

As for medical bills, I would do anything for my dog. As long as he would still have a good quality of life after a medical issue, I would pay whatever I needed too.

I wouldn't put down my child so I'm not putting down my dog. (Unless it's in HIS best interest)
 
Dobiegal:
It all depends on if it's a one time charge or a chronic condition. My limit due to just my personal situation is about $3,000 for a surgery, and if it's a chronic poor quality of life issue, I'd sadly consider euth. I can't risk being homeless because of vet bills.
 
 
Bluebonnet:
I could cover all the basics but $6,000 for a medical bill, no way. Dog would have to be put down. A $2,000 bill would be the same thing. It is simply not in my means.
 
Blonde:
I will spend basics, shots, get fixed, and twice a year grooming, only because my cat needs shed and I'm not good at it...but health conditions? No...if it was an easy fix then ok...like stitches due to a fight or basic anti-biotics.
 

Popular Posts