Get the latest news and articles about animals from around the world.

I can't stop thinking about my dead dog :(?

She died recently, she was only 3 YEARS OLD!!! She deserved to live a longer life. I keep blaming myself because I should of took her to the vet but i was to careless and dumb. I remember the night before she died I woke up and she was breathing heavily but I was half asleep, I pulled her close to me and hugged her until I fell asleep and woke up where she was dead in my bed next to me :(

Everytime i see dogs, or something reminds me of her i cry everytime, someone please help :(


Answer

Knight:
Sorry for your loss.

Don't grieve for me, as now I'm free from the misery.

Your work, friends, entertainment were more important, I only had you, you should have taken care of me, someday you will need to be cared for also, you'll hope someone cares.

Everything would have been easier for me had you been there, just remember I loved you.


Verulam:
I'm obviously sad for you/your dog, but had you done what I suggested, 3 days ago, and taken her to your vet, he might have been able to save her. If you are a minor, getting her the medical attention she needed should have been the responsibility of your parents.

Star-Of-Darkness:
According to yoru questions you knew for some time the dog was sick and denied it vet care. So yes its your fault since you knew for some time the dog was sick and never took it to a vet until it was too late.

Accpet the fact it was your fault and get some therapy


Sophie:

It so hard to get over something like this, it will take time to forgive yourself, and even longer to accept her death, but think of the 3 years of happy memories, and how lucky she was to die in your arms and not out on the streets.
 
Moi:
I do not have an answer to comfort you in your loss, and I am sorry for your loss...

Please stop blaming yourself: Pets do die, faster than humans. Just remember, such incidents do happen. Where would you have found a vet in the middle of the night?

Permit yourself to feel less sad, and then do consider getting another dog.
I have had dogs all my life, and have lost three of them. I miss them, but do not beat myself about such occurrences. Again, my condolences to you.
 

Popular Posts