Get the latest news and articles about animals from around the world.

My dog died a week ago and I'm not really that sad about it.?

Don't get me wrong I loved my dog. It's just that I was sorta prepared for her death. She was thirteen and her health had long since started declining, and she wasn't as happy as she used to be. I could tell her tail used to wag non stop but it barely wagged anymore, and she could no longer do the normal dog things. She's given me so many good memories and love throughout the years that when she needed me the most I helped her pass on. It's just that I'm not as devestated as I thought I'd be. Is that normal?

Answer

Julia:
It's totally fine to react that way you are. People handle things differently. My dog had cancer and we put her down at 12 years old. She's been sick for a really long time so i knew it was coming but I still cried and then a couple days later I was ok. My friend had a 16 year old dog who was very very old and very very sick and she's still sad about it, 4 months later. It's perfectly fine to be at peace with it.

Jojo:
ts normal.
You were prepared for the dog dying and you did your duty by her.
People handle death in different ways. There is no "correct" way to react to the death of a dog OR a human.



Popular Posts