Get the latest news and articles about animals from around the world.

Girlfriend does not like cats! should I tell her hit the road?

\A friend of mine whom I know for years is upset with my cats being at my own home. She comes and criticizes my home saying "people with cats have stinky homes." LOL I clean home before she comes to see me but she sometimes refuses to sit on the couch...Interestingly she adapted a dog recently, now seems like her dog's hair, dirt or smell dont matter.. Should I let her know that I dont appreciate this behavior? I know her for 25 years!

Answer

Masterchief:
tell her that it's your home and that if she doesn't like the way it smells or looks that she doesn't have to come over and that you don't criticize her home for having a dog. 

Rae:

I would just tell her that she knows you have cats, and if they bother her that much don't come over. There's no need to come over just to complain about your choice of pets. It's rude and pointless. Let her know you don't appreciate it, and if she wants to remain your friend and visit she needs to accept that you have cats because they're not going anywhere.
 
Askiller:
She will gradually grow used to cats. Cats are fantastic!

TB:
Tell her that you can't continue to date someone who doesn't respect your choice of pets.
 
Elaine:
I'm surprised you haven't said something already to her. What you do in your home is your business, not hers.
 
Mokrie:
Tell her your cats are your family and to insult them is to insult you.
 
Bette:
u don't need friends like that! u have
ur cat!
 

Popular Posts